Saturday, October 24, 2009

Heading Overseas

The day has finally arrived. I am on my way to join Matt in Singapore.

On my way down the Western seaboard, I spotted something gold off the California coast. It must be the sun reflecting off the sand. I took a photo, but deleted it accidentally while I was experimenting with the new camera. Ops. On the flight, I sat next to a gorgeous woman, who I bet was once a man. The beautiful woman had a very narrow face, but soft features and voice. I couldn't help be blinded by her black crystal encrusted watch and the 3+ carat diamond engagement ring, completely pavéd, on her slightly less than feminine hands.

SFO is not your typical international terminal. It is lined with stores like Burberry, Gucci, Coach, Mango and Swarovski. I had roast beef sandwich on sour dough bread for lunch. Photo lost. There, I saw a Buddhist monk.

On the flight from San Francisco to Tokyo, United Airlines served Chicken Teriyaki on white rice with peas and carrots. Surprisingly, this did not taste off putting, as many years of Lean Cuisine has prepared my palate for airplane food. Again, this photo was tragically lost during the camera experiment. Business class was served something with curry. The smell is distinct.
Flying over the Pacific Ocean.

Thirty minutes upon arrival to Tokyo's International Airport, I spotted a mountain peak popped through the clouds. Must be Mount Fiji.

During my three and a half hour layover in Tokyo, I wanted to purchase a bottled water from a vending machine, but most credit card companies in the States have opted out of adapting to the Smart Card. The vending machine does not have a magnetic strip reader. I am thirsty, because credit card companies in the States want us to live in the past.
Waiting for my flight to Singapore.
I wandered into an Origami store:
I passed a designated smoking area.
Smoking area.
I don't smoke, so I went in the opposite direction.
An oxygen bar.
The oxygen nozzle. I didn't have to stick it in my nostrils.
A refreshing combination of spearmint and pear.

I experienced both physical and mental effects. I felt refreshed and energized after laying back and putting my feet up, but I felt that I should feel that way because I paid for it. The salesperson was nice and offered to take a photo of me. I declined.
After my allotted time, the salesperson handed me this note.
I immediately accepted.
I had some obligatory maki roll before boarding for my my final flight leg to Singapore.

No comments: